Tambuwal Cautions Politicians against Overheating Polity

The Speaker, House of Representatives, Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal  has cautioned politicians to refrain from overheating the polity ahead of the 2015 general elections.
Tambuwal gave the advice in Abuja on Tuesday when he received a delegation from the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) led by its President, Okey Wali.
He urged politicians to conduct themselves with decorum and not to take the electorate for granted.
``Card carrying members of political parties are at best about 25 per cent of the Nigerian population. This 25 per cent should not hold the remaining 75 per cent in contempt.
``We should respect them and ensure that whatever we do in terms of politics, is done within the confines of the law and the constitution,’’ he said.
The speaker expressed dismay at the recent political events in the country, noting that if politicians played by the rules of the game the problems could be avoided.

``What we are witnessing today is something that ordinarily should be avoided; we should as a matter of fact go back to the rules of engagement of the game.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment